This was such a lovely surprised and I was determined to learn something from this event.
Scarlett London Events is the first ever London Blogging Convention (after the success from #BloggersBall and #BloggersFestival. I was told there would be more than over 400 bloggers attending on the day. When I got there – there was a massive queue right outside the Convention! So tuddle-do I went along to queue up. Within minutes, there was a lady calling “If anybody is attending BlogCon please go straight into the second door at the front!”. I held my head high and I instantly felt welcoming like a VIP!
The conference was held on an entire second floor of the front building section. It was very a casual conference. The were three large table of Talks situated in the centre of the floor, surround by brand stands around it.
There were a good mix of attendance bloggers; from beginners to professionals; from food to travel, to self fix, and get fit – you name it, there were a lot of varieties influencers.
So Here Are Lessons I learned from #BLOGCONLDN
About your Instagram:
- Analyse your audience – scan and find out who’s your audience are. Figure out what you are trying to sell.
- Use your IG as a story telling for your blog. Behind the scenes for example. Give value from your photo.
- Utilised your hashtags. Do some research and find out which hashtag is most suitable for you. For example:- use #ThisisLondon instead of #London as this may has a more focus to your fashion marketing aim, etc.
- Try to post about 2-3 times per day to get the maximum exposure you can get.
- Interact with you audience.
- Go LIVE from time to time!
About your Blog & PR collaborating
- Don’t be scare of putting our negative post/ reviews. It show that you are true to your blog.
- Work with guess who has high DA – to share that SEO juice.
- Synergy with the brand themselves. Approach PR agencies like it is a business.
- Give your PR a screenshot of insights of your performance. Do a report not just statistics figures.
- Give them a timescale.
- Give the brand a feedback/ report on the campaign – ask the brand how well the campaign has gone.
- Send an email about your tagging/ blogging about them – both PR and social team – Have your opinions & experience.
- Use PR language – get to the point.
- Get engage, keep the conversation going – what’s the new products, events coming up, etc.
- Always be nice to the middle man if you don’t get that collaboration job!
- PR Agencies Google search: PR Agency, Daily Interact
- Contact magazine – think outside the box about your own experience. So you have a personal story to share?
The above words and wisdom were given from the following knowledgeable guest speakers:-
Kirsty Leanne : How to reach out to brands & agencies
Katy English – Storytelling for Instagram
Haydn Squibb – Working with Brands: How Outreach Works
Carl Thompson – Building your brand’s aesthetic and working better with PRs & Agencies
Ed Lemont – How to PR yourself and build strong relationships in blogging
The drawbacks …
For me was that the Talks table got filled up rather pretty quickly as it could only fit a maximum of 10 people per table. This meant you would be standing right at the back for the next half hour or more if you intended to stay on for the next talk session. In addition to this, it was a little difficult to hear what the speakers have to say in a room full of people talking to the surrounding brand standings, etc.
I would prefer having a proper sit down and engaged in a more screen base equipped with a microphone kind of room, but I guess they were trying to keep it casual and informal.
I even got a chance to have a little chat with some of the brand stands, but it does mean I had to miss one or two talks to be able to do them.
I would also prefer having a little break in between talks as I’d like to engage with other bloggers at the conference. I didn’t do much of that – but all because I am an introvert blogger I suppose.
Again do bring your Business/ Blogger cards with you – there are so many competitions to be own!
Plus you may also want to bring a small trolly with you to carry all the goodies you received by the end of the day too!
The question is would I go again? Yes I definitely would because I didn’t get a chance to listen in to some of the guest speakers and I am intrigued.
Thank you again Indigo Herbs for the invitation. xx
Here’s a little vlog to sum up my day and do check out what I received for the goodies bag too!
Thank you for reading and watching!
Don’t forget to subscribe our YouTube channel here!
I’ve decided to give away some goodies from the day as I have two of something or that they are products that are not suited for me – for example I am not a high heal shoe person and I don’t think I’ll be wear high heal anytime soon, therefore I am giving away the Sizers
This post is linked with #vlogit