Last Sunday, I was summon by Obby to review a “Makeup & Skincare Masterclass”. I was so looking forward to this day. After I’ve been tormented by the rain at the Family Camping the weekend before, I was ready to have my pampering; my “Mummy Freedom Day”; “Mama’s Day Out”; “Childless Day”; or “A Little Me-time” – call it whatever you’d like to call it – I was ready for the fun to begin!
On the side note – I am also kind of petrified as I usually don’t wear any make-up at all. I had high expectation that they will give me enough tools and boost my confident for me to do my own make up for whatever occasion may be.
About Seventa Makeup Academy &
Achievements: Seventa Makeup Academy has provided teams of makeup artists and hair stylists that have participated, sponsored or presented at famous events such as… London Fashion Week, Miss Essex, Positive Runway, Global Catwalk, Today & Tomorrow Charity Events, Numerous Magazine Shoots, Numerous Video Shoots, Profyle Magazine Launch, Pakistan Fashion Week – London, Framework Foundation Charity Ladies Night, Pride in London, Opera Alegrea, Chocolate Fashion Show at London Chocolate Week, Opera Holland Park, Advertising campaigns, Film & Video pieces, TV, Multimedia campaigns, BobbiBrown campaigns and Other various events and campaigns. Wow! That’s a very long list of achievements!
At Seventa Makeup Academy you will learn the skills and techniques that are needed to become a Professional Makeup Artist. Classes are intensive and you will leave with the knowledge of makeup application that is necessary
Juan is just as enthusiastic and articulate about makeup today as he was when he first started his career in the makeup and cosmetics industry over 20 years ago. He has been an inspiration to many others that have worked with him and those that he has guided and taught the fine skills that are required to excel in the makeup profession.
Be assured that you are in safe hands with Juan to achieve the desired results and the learning tools required to excel in the fast paced makeup industry. Each course that Juan creates and tutors has been developed to a bespoke set of criteria and tailored to the individual needs of the student on the course.
During your makeup masterclasses, you will use products from brands such as Ten Image Professional, Charlotte Tilbury, Mehron and more…
Makeup & Skincare Tips
On this post, I’d like to give you some beauty tips I have learnt taught by Juan.
1. Cleansing – No Baby Wipes to clean your face! They have alcohol in them and alcohol is not good for the skin. Use bottled mineral water from the sea. It is much better than tap water as it has lots of minerals and vitamins in them.
1.1 Clay – White Clay is much lighter than dark clay, therefore it is softer on your skin, and so it gives a better clean. Note: You need to clean this off thoroughly but be gentle, because this is the base of your make-up. If the base is not clean properly then you don’t have a good base – then you can’t do good make-up. Your skins will become flaky later because of the clay is flaking off.
2. Serum – Use Vitamin C Face serums are lightweight moisturisers. They penetrate deeper to deliver active ingredients into your skin. Using a serum regularly can give your skin a firmer, smoother texture, make pores appear smaller and increase moisture levels.
3. Foundation – Matching up foundation colour with your skins tone – on your face or on your upper neck and NOT on the back of the hand. That will give you the wrong colour!! Your body has different pigment colour than your face. Use soft foam sponge – gently, softly dab and spread the foundation into your skin.
4. Concealer – Same as above – find the right colour on your face NOT on the back of the hand. Concealer is used to mask dark circles, age spots, large pores, and other small blemishes visible on the skin. It is similar to foundation, but thicker and used to hide different pigments by blending the imperfection into the surrounding skin tone.
5. Highlighting – Use Loose Translucent Powder – give a better finish than compact. Compact is better for travel. Use big powder brush and place two fingers on the tip of the brush – you dab the highlight into the area where you want to highlight: the cheekbones, nose and chin.
6. Conturing or Bronzer – Bronzer goes on after face makeup (foundation, concealer, and powder) but before blush. Use a brush with soft, short bristles so you can control the bronzer placement. Apply bronzer to the areas of the face the sun would naturally hit. Using very light strokes, first apply the bronzer to the top of the forehead, the cheekbones, and down along your jawline. Done correctly, your bronzer application will be in a “3” shape on either side of your face, starting in the middle.
6.1 . Blusher – Use Blusher for contouring with flat fan brush – heighten very lightly the cheekbones, nose and chin.
7. Eye Contouring –
7.1 Eyebrows – Sisters not Twins! Use the pen brush to brush out the eye brows, and draw the diagonal pen to follow the hair not draw a curve.
7.2 Eyeliners – Some people like it dark, some people like it light. “You are your own Make up Artist.”
7.3 Eyeshadow – Draw with soft pencil over the eyelid. If you made a mistake then just use the tip of a pointed cotton bud to rub it off.
8. Lips – draw the lip liner around the lips – follow the curve, don’t go over it. Fill it with lip balm. Coat the final touches with lip gloss.
& here’s me at the end of the session:
Thank you @skypalace my lovely friend for coming with me to the “Makeup & Skincare Masterclass” at Seventa Images today . We had so much fun & learnt a lot too! 😁 We must do a proper catching soon! Xx 😙😙 . . . . . #MamaEscape #MeTime #MamaTreats #TreatsforMama #momswithcamera #clickinmoms #wonderful_places #Travel #beautyblogger #lifestyleblogger #lifestyle #ThisisLondon #MamaFreedom #MakeUp #MakeUpClass #Skincare #BeautyClass #MasterClass #mumblogger #HealthyDrinks #LookAfterYourself #shelftreats #SelfCare #BeautyTreats #Pamperyourself #BeautyandTravel
Here is Juan. My Make-up Artist Tutor at Seventa Makeup Academy with @obbyuk . Log on to my blog and get some great tips and tricks taught by this Master who has worked with namely @BobbiBrown, @LondonFashionWeek, #GlobalCatwalk and many more! 💄💕 . . As Juan would say… “You are your own Makeup Artist.” . . . . . #MamaEscape #MeTime #MamaTreats #TreatsforMama #momswithcamera #FamilyTravel #ukexplore #clickinmoms #wonderful_places #Travel #beautifuldestinations #lovetheworld #welivetoexplore #travellingwithkids #beautyblogger #lifestyleblogger #lifestyle #ThisisLondon #MamaFreedom #juicebar #MakeUp #MakeUpClass #Skincare #BeautyClass #MasterClass #mumblogger #HealthyDrinks #LookAfterYourself #shelftreats
Also there is a £10 off your first class if you are a newbie to Obby too! Bonus!
I am pretty sure you’ll find a class that is calling out your name right now.
Are you ready for the fun to begin!
To find out more about Obby, here are their social media platforms:
*Disclaimer:This is a collaborative post with Obby. All photos and opinions are of my own.
Never miss a post! Join our mailing list via Email!