Award-Nominated Big Family Festival Returns For Even Bigger And Better Second Year
Okay, we didn’t go last year, but we are so excited to have been invited to their event this year. Yippy! I haven’t told the kids yet – as I wanted to be a BIG surprise! It will also be our first camping trip as a family as well. Just thinking about it make my heart so pumped up!
So What is the Big Family Festival?
The Big Family Festival was created after husband and wife, Angela Hopton and George Kafetzis, struggled to find activities in their local Midlands area to keep their kids occupied in the summer. Left disappointed after trawling the Internet for things to do, they felt there was a gap in the market for a festival focused around kids but which provided plenty of entertainment for adults too. With the help of their two young daughters, Angela and George drew on their experience of staging big dance events, and decided to create their very own family festival.
So this 3 day camping festival offers fun for all the family featuring…
- On the Main Stage: Dick & Dom, The Sooty Show, Basil Brush, an outdoor cinema, storytelling, sports, theatre, workshops inc. Meraki Workshops, a Move With Peppa fitness class and flag football
- On the Big Top Marquee: there is a melting pot of activities for kids from two to eighteen years, featuring everything from the Block Steady Ravin Crew and a Moomin Theatre show, to family-friendly comedy.
- All weekend along in the ‘Outdoor Theatre’, Razzamataz will be hosting rehearsals that all kids can take part in, culminating in an end-of- festival show in The Big Top on Sunday evening, showing parents what their offspring have been up to all weekend! The outdoor theatre stage is also host to the brand new theatre show, ‘The Acorn Emporium’, from the much-loved Birmingham company, United Artists – expect giant rodents with fluffy tails, music and laughter.
- Over in The Den, it will provide endless arts and craft activities for toddlers including a model making workshop with Wallace & Gromit creators Aardman Animations, meet-and- greets and book readings with The Gruffalo and Elmer The Elephant, a Frozen sing-a- long karaoke party and pop singing, DJing and hula-hooping workshops.
- The Acoustic Stage will also play host to a great range of local and upcoming acts such as Keira Battersby, Papaphone, Matilda Pratt, Will Whisson, Lir Shilton and Sir O, providing a mellow respite from the high energy activities elsewhere.
- The Outdoor Cinema will show Aardman classics like Shaun The Sheep, Morph and Wallace & Gromit and many other cartoons, films and shorts.
- The Sports Arena is run by Aspire Sports, an organisation that engages children and young people in physical activity in term time and the school holidays, to immerse children in physical activity from the early years and develop motor skills. This year’s program offers rounders, cricket, tag rugby, football, balance bikes, scooters, Frisbee, Nerf gun battles, flag football and Move With Peppa, the Peppa Pig parent + child workout.
- Musical performances from the best tribute acts out there including, Rhapsody Queen, Foo5ighters, Top 10 Beatles, Black Magic Little Mix, Devon Mayson, Only One Direction Tribute, The Edi Johnston Bit, Right Said Bruv, Kieran lai, Faye Bagley, and…
- Festival attendees are encouraged to look out for Rory the Lion, the official mascot of Drayton Manor Theme Park (official event partner for 2017), who over the weekend will be giving out a variety of fun prizes.
When & Where?
Friday 28th July – Sunday 30th July
Day tickets start at £10 per adult, £5 per child and £1 per under-5 with a two adult + two child weekend ticket from £99 and with camping and parking from £148.
All ticket options are available via www.skiddle.com/e/12810032
After launch in summer 2016, their unique event instantly gained recognition and received nominations for ‘Best Family Festival’, & Best New Festival’ and ‘Best Small Festival’ by the UK Festival Awards. The family of four are now back with a brand new event for 2017.
As well as supporting local businesses, the festival also supports and features several local charities. For 2017 it has teamed up with BAT Foundation to showcase its brand new concept table-tennis tables. The tables – which scientific evidence shows can act as an effective, drug free alternative treatment for Alzheimers and Dementia – will be manned by top English Table Tennis players who will play against, and offer up tips to, festival attendees. Attendees can also vote to have a table donated to one local school and one local care home following the event.
This is perfect for parents and grandparents alike, needing to keep the kids entertained this summer, look no further than the Big Family Festival!
Here’s their little promo clip of what you can expect for the 3 Days Of Family Fun!
This post is linked with:
Never miss a post! Subscribe to our mailing list via Email