So Pancakes Day is coming up and this year Pancakes Day seem to have fallen on the same day as Ethan’s 6th Birthday!! You’ll never guess what he’ll be having for breakfast!! Pancakes!! Yummy Yummy Pancakes!
Ethan & Evelyn loves pancakes and I have been looking for something that is more heathy for them both than the average Golden Syrup. So this was a great opportunity to make his breakfast a lot more healthy than the average pancakes.
Over the weekend, I got Ethan to do the pancake mix. I did the frying of the pancakes with the almighty tossing and turning it into the air. The kids were cheering besides me. It was great fun!
But first! Here is Ethan’s Easy Pancake Recipe I’d like to share with you.
- 2 cup of plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- butter for frying the pancakes with
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Whisk until you have a fairly medium-thick mix.
- Melt a small knob of butter in a non-stick pan and turn heat down to middle heat.
- Pour half a cup of the mix onto the centre of the pan.
- Tilt the pan in a circular motion to spread out the mix out thinly. It will become thick and lumpy if it is just leave it in the middle of the pan.
- Wait for one side of the pancake to heat up to light-medium brown then with a spatular turn it over to cook the other side. Or for those who are a little more confident - you can just toss it in the air and flip the uncooked side down.
- Serve hot with fresh fruits and Indigo Herbs Organic Dark Maple Syrup and Organic Yacon Syrup.
Here is a little more about the products:
Latin Name: Acer saccharum
- Certified Organic
- Rare, Dark, Thick – Highest Quality
- Canadian Grade A: Very Dark Strong Flavour
- High in Antioxidants & Minerals
- Easy to use Flip Top Food Grade Plastic Bottle
- 100% pure botanical ingredients, absolutely nothing added
Latin Name: Smallanthus sonchifolius
- Certified Organic
- Fantastic Alternative to other Sugary Syrups
- Sweet malty taste similar to Caramalised Sugar
- Thought to have Prebiotic Properties that help the intestine
- Re-sealable air tight, food grade plastic bottle
- 100% pure botanical ingredients, absolutely nothing added.
*From Indigo Herbs’ website.
School Packed Lunch Tips: The great thing about pancakes is that you can freeze them in the freezer and take them out the night before to be defrosted and have them ready for the kids school packed lunch the very next morning!
I asked the kids for their verdict: Ten out of Ten. Ten being the Best.
Evelyn’s verdict on the Organic Yacon Syrup was “Ten!” – well she shown one of her hand up in the air as the other was too busy holding onto the fork eating pancakes! lol!
Ethan’s verdict on the Organic Dark Maple Syrup was “100 out of 10!!” Hahaha
He really really love this!
Thank you for reading and watching!
Don’t forget to subscribe our YouTube channel here!
What do you think of our Ethan’s Easy Pancakes with Indigo Herbs Syrups?
What do you usually have your pancakes with? Do share – I love to hear all about it.
If you loved this post, be sure to check out
If you would like to try some Indigo Herbs products – Indigo has an offered everyone a 10% discount code with minimum spend of £30 excluding postage. The code is: INDIGOTHANKYOU
If you would like more information about Indigo Herbs then log onto here.
P.S. Who’s to say pancakes are only for Pancake’s Day?
*This is a sponsored post. All photos, words, and opinions are honest and of my own.
Never miss a post! Subscribe to our mailing list via Email