I really couldn’t believe my luck when Skin Aspirations asked me to come down to London for a trail at their signature Enzyme Therapy Facial session last Saturday. I mean the week prior to that I had a special mama treat and it was such a treat that I now want more! Then Skin Aspirations requested my visit to do a review – I just couldn’t refuse.
I must say finding my way to the clinic wasn’t as easy as I thought. It was a little discreet, tucked away on the top floor of a commercial Chelsea High Street. For those that doesn’t know London – Chelsea is a very posh area full of rich and famous people. Anyhow, the clinic studio was exceptionally clean, and there was some indie music going on at the background – which makes the room’s environment very calm, relaxed and collected.
I meet the lovely Simona Mazenyte, the Skin Aspirations Co-Founder, who was also my DMK Enzyme Facial Therapist for the whole session. We had a 20 minute consultation session.
Simona asked me to fill in a health form asking me about my health history, my skin type and any allergies she should know about. I have combination skin and have always been struggling to work out what’s best for facial skincare.
She then gave me a quick run down of what Enzyme Therapy Facial is all about.
This treatment restores skin to its peak condition.
DMK is the only company in the world to utilise the beneficial effects of transfer messenger enzymes.
Enzymes are living substances that regulate health and work with certain minerals in the body to form a natural system of antioxidants that fight corrosive free radicals.
Properly formulated, they can remove dead protein, toxins and other effluvia from the epidermis using a process called ‘reverse osmosis’.
Where some cosmetic facial treatments may only act on the surface of the skin, DMK Enzyme Treatments works with the skin.
The enzymes strengthen the structural integrity of the skin to create a healthy environment for cells to live and thrive in.
DMK Enzyme Therapy exercises facial muscles and works to leave the skin feeling firm.
It is suitable for a wide range of conditions such as ageing skin, sun damage, acne, rosacea and pigmentation.
Simona then asked me to get changed into a comfortable towel and lie down on the clinic’s bed as she began to examine me up-close. Under a microscope, Simona warned me that DMK Enzyme Therapy Facials is not quite as relaxing as most people think. This is because the enzyme’s strengthening fragile capillaries under my skin and may leave my skin a little red afterwards.
Here are the treatments steps Simona took after the examination and what I’ve leant throughout the process:
- Cleansing – remove make up with Deep Pore Cleanse.
- Sebum Soak – to soften the hardened sebum plugs in the pores which prepares the skin for extractions. This feels like heaven – as Simona brush my face all over with super soft brush.
- Extractions – for me – this was the most painful part. It is exactly extracting the pores out of your under skin. Simona uses her hands to remove all my blackheads.
- Pore Reduction drops – This was so needed afterwards to reduce the pore size and inflammation, irritation. As you can tell, I’m not used to this kind of treatment, but all my blackheads have gone! These drops have defiantly helps the soreness of my skin.
- Melanotech drops – to prevent pigmentation while revising uneven skin tone, dark spots and pigmentation.
- Fibromax Vitamin C powder – is an exclusive formula of liquid droplets encapsulated in Silica particles. These encapsulated droplets form a dry, free flowing powder that is predominantly liquid. This powder will remain stable under ordinary temperatures or pressure. However, an increase in temperature above 30 degrees Celsius combined with gentle friction will loosen the links between the Silica particles, breaking the shell and releasing the liquid inside. It works like mesotherapy without a syringe. Tones, tightens, brightens. Vit C is used by fibroblast cell in the production of collagen and acts as an antioxidant and free radical scavenger to protect skin.
- Enzyme masque #1 – the signature DMK product which enhances your skins capacity to function optimally. This is the main part of the facial. Increases blood and lymph flow to the skin.
At this stage I had a 45 minutes nap to let the masque soak up and dried up to rehydrate and rejuvenate my skin. I so needed that nap!
After the nap. Once the masque has harden to the level that I can not speak at all! It was ready to be removed. Soaked hot towel was placed over my face and Simona gently rubbed the masque off my face. There is no peeling in this process. Simona repeated this process several times until all the masque has been removed.
- More Pore Reduction Drops was added. This is to reduce the pore size and inflammation, irritation.
- Beta gel was then added to address reactive, irritated or inflamed skin. Strengthen the immune system of the skin.
- Direct delivery Vitamin C serum – key vitamin for the production of collagen which gives skin its firmness.
Simona tells me – this is a little tricky to do at home as your head need to be lie down flat on the pillow, otherwise the powder will just slipped off your face pallet. That’s why doing at the clinic is so much better.
- Eye tone serum – to treat fine lines as well as dark circles or puffy skin under the eyes.
- Herb and Mineral Mist. This come in a bottle which you can spray straight onto your face. It helps the oils and crème to penetrate deeper into the skin. I never had anything like this before and it feels really lovely.
- Seba E – together with Herb and Mineral Mist re-establishes the protective acid mantle and promote barrier repair by replicating the natural way skin secretes oil. You do not need to apply the oil all over your face – just the area where it need rehydrating.
- Betagen – enhances skin`s immune system. Emergency crème for reactive, irritated skin. Contains powerful antioxidants that can assist the healing process.
- DMK Sunscreen to finish off for protection from UVR. You can have all kind of treatments but if you don’t look after your skin with a UVR protection then it is useless at the end. So always use a UVR protection after your skincare and before you go outside of the house.
The session took about about 2 hours in total. Simona was so ever lovely and have answered all the questions and queries I have asked her.
I also found out that…
This type of facial therapy is not just for adults, but also teens from the age of 16 years upwards, it will depends on individual’s cases.
The products can not be bought over the counter at the chemist, as this is a specialist type of product. Plus the clinic will be liable for everything if everything if things go wrong – whereas if you buy a product over the counter nobody will be liable as such.
After the session I was confident that I indeed had a very special facial treatment. I can feel my face has a lighter and brighter complexion and most importantly it is congestion free. My face is rejuvenated and rehydrated from after years of neglect. Let’s just say it’s a treatment I won’t be forgetting anytime soon. I’m very impressed with the Enzyme Therapy Facial and would highly recommend The Enzyme Therapy facial and Skin Aspirations to all.
This facial was by Skin Aspirations based in Chelsea, London
*Disclaimer: This is a collaborative post with Skin Aspirations. Thank you very much for this special treatment. All photos and opinions are honest and of my own.
Never miss a post! Join our family email list!